Waldorf Astoria - Description
Everything about the Waldorf Astoria is “WOW” – from the arrival transfer by luxury yacht with canapes and champagne to it’s 11 outstanding restaurants.
It is a unique experience on so many levels. It even has it’s own private island called Ithaafushi, one of the biggest private islands in the world. It has three villas with nine rooms, and its own dedicated team to look after you. As well as a cinema, various pool options, spa, gym and its only 5 minutes from the main island.
The Waldorf’s house reef is excellent and is only 5-6 metres from the shore, with 5 different areas to snorkel.
It really does offer the best everything…
Perfect “5* plus” island for anyone wanting to experience the best service and atmosphere in the Maldives.
With 119 villas in various designs which includes villas on the 32,000 square metre Ithaafushi Private Island.
The Stella Maris Private Ocean Villas are the ultimate in privacy as they are only accessible by boat with direct ocean access.
The resort is 13 miles from Male Airport, and the transfer takes 40 minutes by luxury yacht.
So many culinary delights to enjoy at the Waldorf with it’s 11 amazing dining venues , such as a treetop restaurant and The Ledge by Dave Pynt.
Indulge yourself at the resort’s worlds-class lifestyle spa sanctuary, keep active with the numerous activities or just relax at one of the gorgeous pools.
And for families, the children can attend the Waldorf Astoria Young Discovery Park – a water recreation area with enriching activities for kids.
Beach Villa with Pool: From 234 sq.m. / 2,518 sq.ft., spacious villa, pool, beach access, pavilion. Accommodates 2 adults & 2 children below 12 years. Retreat to a delightful villa. Floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors from both the spacious bedroom and magnificent bathroom present views across the expansive wooden deck, garden and the ocean. The bedroom has a king-sized or two queen-sized signature Waldorf Astoria beds, seating area, 65-inch TV and sound system, while his and hers closets lead through to the bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers, vanities and an oversized bathtub. Enjoy the terrace with pool, hammock, dining pavilion and sun loungers.
Grand Beach Villa with Pool: From 276 sq.m. / 2,967 sq.ft. Indoor / Outdoor living space, pool, beach access. Accommodates 2 adults , 2 children below 12 years and 1 infant. These expansive villas offer offer a home-away-from-home ambience with stylish indulgence and lavish facilities for complete comfort and convenience, including generous indoor living and dining experience and a large bedroom. Ample choices to fully relax, magnificent views from every corner, an expansive outdoor terrace with infinity pool, hammock, dining gazebo and pavilion with daybed leading to the tropical garden and the ocean beyond makes this a truly relaxing choice. This room type comes in a King bed of two Queen bed configuration.
Grand Overwater Villa with Pool: From 334 sq.m. / 3,593 sq.ft., ocean terrace, pool, indoor / outdoor living space. Indulge in a Maldivian experience with floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors opening out to endless ocean views. The wooden deck offers direct ocean access while alongside the infinity pool are overwater hammocks , sun loungers and dining gazebo. The air-conditioned living and dining out on the endless ocean views. The wooden deck offers direct ocean access, while alongside the infinity pool are overwater hammocks, sun loungers and dining gazebo. The air-conditioned living and dining room come with audio-visual entertainment and comfortable sofas. The bedroom has a king-sized of two queen-sized signature Waldorf Astoria beds and sitting area, while the dressing room has a glass floor revealing the tropical reef below.
Grand Reef Villa with Pool: From 319 sq.m. / 3,432 sq.ft., sunrise views, pool, indoor / outdoor living, dining area. Accommodates 2 adults, 2 children below 12 years & an infant. A home-away-from-home where guests can take in nature’s beauty from an overwater hammock alongside the infinity pool, soak up the rays on a sun lounger, or enjoy a meal in the dining gazebo. The indoor living and dining room is fully appointed with state-of-the-art entertainment, sofas and floor to ceiling windows . The spacious bedroom has a king-sized or two queen-sized signature Waldorf Astoria beds and sitting area, dressing room and enticing bathroom.
Overwater Villa with Pool: From 283 sq.m./3,045 sq.ft., ocean terrace, pool, pavilion
Accommodates 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. Embrace the ocean’s beauty with floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors for glorious views over the sparkling ocean to the far horizon. Relax with a king-sized or two queen-sized signature Waldorf Astoria beds and state-of-the-art audio-visual entertainment. The bathroom has a soaking tub and indoor and outdoor showers, while a glass floor in the dressing room reveals the tropical reef and fish below. Outside, swim in the pool or the ocean, dine in the pavilion or laze on the daybed or in the overwater hammock.
Reef Villa with Pool: From 279 sq. m./3,002 sq. ft., infinity pool, overwater terrace
Accommodates 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. Indulge your senses in these spacious villas offering Maldivian beauty inside and out. Soak up the glorious views through floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors from the comfortable bedroom with king-sized or two queen-sized signature Waldorf Astoria beds. The decadent bathroom boasts double vanities, soaking tub and indoor and outdoor showers. Outside, the wooden deck offers relaxation and fun with direct ocean access, an overwater hammock, large infinity pool, dining gazebo, loungers and shaded daybed for a cozy treat.
Stella Maris Ocean Villa with Pool: From 536 sq.m./5,767 sq.ft., duplex, pool, BBQ station
Accommodates 3 adults. Intimate seclusion inspired by the celestial charm of the velvety Maldivian night sky and ample space to relax. This spacious retreat has a large bedroom with sitting area, generous indoor living and dining area fitted with state-of-the-art audio-visual entertainment and magnificent bathroom, all with floor-to-ceiling windows. The upper deck offers a chef’s service and BBQ station. The lower wooden deck boasts its own infinity pool, hot tub, overwater hammocks and direct ocean access.
Two Bedroom Beach Villa with Pool: From 599 sq.m ./6,445 sq.ft., 2 bedrooms, pool, hot tub, dining pavilion, daybeds
The villa accommodates 4 adults and 2 children below 12 years. Generous living and relaxing space is found in these luxurious villas. Both bedrooms offer private space and a personal sitting area, while the spacious living room is furnished with large sofas, a dining table and state-of-the-art sound and vision. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer tropical views. Outside is luxury of space to dine, sunbathe and relax on the sheltered daybed, as well as an infinity pool, hot tub and direct beach access.
Two Bedroom Grand Beach Villa with Pool: From 626 sq.m./6,735 sq.ft. 2 bedrooms, pool, beach access, service quarter, pantry
Accommodates 5 adults and 2 children below 12 years. Luxurious living with discreet service quarters and pantry for immediate assistance. The family area boasts an expansive indoor living and dining room with state-of-the-art audio-visual entertainment facilities, two fully appointed bedrooms with private sitting areas and extravagant bathrooms, a tropical garden with infinity pool, hot tub, a shaded daybed, dining gazebo, hammock and direct beach access. Be soothed by the sound of the ocean and laze on a sun lounger at the doorstep of your villa.
Two Bedroom Reef Villa with Pool: From 601 sq. m./6,466 sq. ft., 2 bedrooms, pool, hot tub, ocean deck
Accommodates 4 adults and 2 children below 12 years. Enjoy the Maldivian experience in this spacious villa. Accessed from the sandy, tropical garden, the living and dining room offers elegant beachside chic, state-of-the-art audio-visual entertainment with 65-inch TV and comfortable sofas with ocean views. Two fully appointed master bedrooms with king-sized Waldorf Astoria signature beds and en-suite bathrooms provide privacy. The extensive wooden deck offers sunny indulgence in the ocean, the pool and under the shade while enjoying the gentle ocean breeze and the sound of waves.
Two Bedroom Overwater Villa with Pool: From 624 sq.m./6,714 sq.ft., 2 bedrooms, ocean terrace, pool, hot tub, outdoor pavilion
Accommodates 4 adults and 2 children below 12 years. Generous living and relaxing space is found in these luxurious villas with floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors offering stunning views across the ocean from every room for a full Maldivian experience. Both bedrooms offer privacy and a sitting area, while the spacious living room is equipped with large sofas and a dining table. The extended wooden deck offers direct ocean access, overwater hammocks, an infinity pool with sun loungers, hot tub, a daybed and dining gazebo for sunny relaxation.
Three Bedroom Grand Beach Villa with Pool: From 1,023 sq.m./11,007 sq.ft., 3 bedrooms, 2 pools, service quarter.
The villa accommodates 6 adults and 3 children below 12 years. It is an ideal option for families and friends looking for a private refuge. These three-bedroom villas are incomparable with a large tropical garden, two infinity pools, a dining gazebo and direct beach access. The interior of the villa has floor-to-ceiling windows, a living and dining room and the bedrooms offer ultimate privacy.
Three Bedroom Overwater Villa with Pool: From 1,113 sq.m./11,976 sq.ft., 3 bedrooms, 2 pools, ocean terrace, sunset view.
The villa accommodates 6 adults and 3 children below 12 years. It is an ideal option for families and friends looking for a private refuge. The outdoor space sprawls across a wooden deck with two infinity pools, a dining and relaxation gazebo, overwater hammock and ocean access. The interior of the villa has floor-to-ceiling windows, a living and dining room and the bedrooms offer ultimate privacy.
Ithaafushi Private Island:
The island has 9 bedrooms in 3 villas – a 3-bedroom beach villa, a 2-bedroom over water villa and a 4-bedroom residence. Facilities include 5 pools, entertainment clubhouse, tennis court and a kids club. This 32,000 square metre paradise island has many water sports to offer as well as a yacht mooring and dedicated chefs and a personal concierge to attend to your every wish.
Deciding which restaurant to dine in is going to be a very difficult decision as all 11 restaurants are unique and extremely appealing.
- Terra, dine among the treetops in one of seven bamboo nests, while gazing out to sea. This great location is th eperfect place to savour the finest ingredients available, such as Miyazake Wagyu Beef and Alba White Truffle, with of course delicious wines and the resort’s signature Krug Champagne handpicked by the first Maldives’ Krug Ambassador.
- Yasmeen, with the vibe of a heritage Arabian village, Yasmeen presents a gastronomic journey of Levant cuisine from piping hot Saj bread baked in a traditional oven, mezzes and succulent charcoal-grilled meat and seafood.
- Li Long, enjoy contemporary Chinese cuisine in this restaurant inspired by Shanghainese noble residences. Try its signature dish of Peking duck roasted in the Maldives’s first classic wood-fired oven and the finest Chinese tea from the tea collection. A private dining room with lagoon view is ideal for family gatherings.
- Tasting Table, the main restaurant (open from 7:00 am – 10:30 pm daily) has live kitchen counters and offers multi-cuisine options, culinary highlights from Asia to Europe. Either eat in the relaxed dining room or beachside terrace.
- The Rock, for fans of wine – this is where you find the home to the extensive wine cellar. From the finest New World favorites and Old World classics, dine at The Rock around a 200-year-old Jarrah wood table in a cave-like dining room built from Jordanian limestone. Exclusive wine dinners for 12 guests feature food and wine pairing menus paying homage to renowned wine regions.
- The Ledge by Dave Pynt, Dave Pynt brings modern Australian barbecue style to the Maldives. Dave Pynt’s cuisine is inspired by Burnt Ends, a Michelin-starred restaurant in Singapore. By day the perfect pool-side spot for a leisurely lunch, and by night The Ledge turns into an intimate restaurant where the bar and grill come to life.
- Glow, a garden-to-table concept situated in a greenhouse ambience, focusing on well-being cuisine made with fresh ingredients from the island’s edible garden. The food can be paired with a range of organic, biodynamic, sustainable and natural wines, as well as healthy, detoxifying drinks.
- Peacock Alley, unwind in this serene lounge with ocean views while the resident saxophonist plays. The perfect place to chill with cocktails, wines and tapas day or night.
- Amber, is the islands Champagne bar.
- Nava, is the vibrant yet cozy pool and beach club where you can enjoy live DJs while sipping a refreshing cocktail or eating a freshly prepared pizza.
- Destination Dining, there are many spectacular venues to celebrate that special occasion, from a sunset dinner cruise to dining on the beach.
- Shimizu, a celebration of modern Japanese cuisine with contemporary Japanese design, Shimizu focuses on serving locally sourced lobster and fish. It boasts high-end teppanyaki stations, an interactive sushi bar and a curated a la carte menu. Chef Andrei Palm, formerly of Nobu in South Africa, brings his signature touches such as Jalapeno Miso Sauce with Rock Shrimp. Shimizu also has it’s own sake sommelier to help navigate the extensive sake selection or choose from the many Japanese whiskeys on offer.
Which one to choose…..!!?
House Reef: The reef is excellent and one of the islands major selling points – the reef is only 5-6 metres away and has 5 areas for snorkeling.
Diving: Many options for beginners and experienced divers, some fascinating wreck dives can be arranged by the dive school.
Water Sports: There are so many experiences on offer including parasailing 200m above sea level or riding the underwater scooter called Seabob.
Fitness Centre: As well as a state of the art gym with personal trainers there is a yoga pavilion.
Waldorf Astoria Spa: The Spa has the Maldive’s first ever Wellness Concierge service. Offering a customised care and an extremely personlised approach – the main goal is to offer an experience that is relaxing, rebalancing and shows results.
Pools & Cabana Experience: Indulge in a cabana around the Lagoon or Mirror Pool, ultimate privacy and packages that include glasses of champagne and oysters.
Young Discovery Park: A place for the kids and teens to go that offers exciting water and enriching activities.
Tennis Court: Perfect hard courts for the first timers or hard-hitting regulars!
Free of charge: Snorkelling, gym, tennis, table tennis and billiards.
Chargeable: Diving, snorkeling, fishing and all water sport activities.
Evening Entertainment: Enjoyable atmosphere on an evening with live music and entertainment.
Excursions: Fishing, Dolphin Cruise, Private Boat Hire, Sandbank Escapade, Snorkelling, Glass Bottom Boat
Information to follow